Nutrition & Hydration Trainer Pack
Unicare Nutrition and Hydration Awareness trainer pack is well suited to staff competent in this skill and have experience facilitating in- house training. For staff with little or no experience in training why not have a look at our range of Train the Trainer Courses we provide. Our Nutrition and Hydration trainer pack is well researched and developed for ease of use.
Our Nutrition and Hydration Awareness trainer pack is not for resale or commercial use.Our pack is flexible in that you can have additional slides added for example your areas policies and procedures and/or documentation as well as your company logo. Once altered we are unable to accept responsibility for content added. In order to purchase this pack for in-house training you must be a CQC registered organisation. Any questions please get in touch with the team before purchase as we can not issue refunds once products have been sent electronically or by post.
Nutrition &Hydration Trainer Materials – Electronic Version
- Nutrition and Hydration Awareness Powerpoint presentation
- Course Handouts
- Course Assessment Paper
- Student Evaluation Form
- Course Certificate Template
- Lesson Plan Template
- Trainer support information
- Course Register Template
- Video on Nutrition and Hydration Awareness
Nutrition and Hydration Awareness
This nutrition and hydration awareness training course aims to raise awareness of best practice in relation to healthy living and nutrition. It will address mealtime issues carers may face and how to solve them. It will cover vitamin content of food and the staffs responsibilities for maintaining the service users fluid intake.
- Nutritional care introduction
- What prevents people from eating correctly?
- What problems arise from malnutrition?
- Timing of meals and snacks
- The environment in which meals and snacks are served
- Preparation of residents for meal times
- Encouragement of independence and involvement in mealtimes
- Providing support and encouraging service users to eat and drink
- Risk assessing residents
- How would you spot signs of malnutrition?
- What do you do if you believe a service user is suffering from malnutrition?
- What are the signs of being under hydrated?
- Why might someone not be fully hydrated?
- How can we encourage service users to keep hydrated?
- The food groups and food safety
- Written assessment
On successful purchase, trainers will be authorised to use the trainer pack with one year on-going trainer support to enable them to train learners confidently. Trainers will be able to provide both in-house and external training to their learners using this pack. Trainers will be able to produce unlimited certificates and deliver a course and certificate their learners. You are able to self-print certificates, workbooks and handouts, etc.