Immunisation & Vaccination Refresher Workshop
This course is in accordance with the National Minimum Standards for flu vaccination/immunisation training. An intensive one day refresher workshop combining both theory and practicals.
NB: you can only enrol if you have attended the 2or 3 days vaccination programme in the past and you are due for an update. Evidence will be required before you can sign up on this refresher course.
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communication with patients and parents
- Medicines management – Storage and handling of vaccines
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates
- The professional and legal issues relating to vaccination programmes.
- Issues surrounding consent and restraint when vaccinating children.
- The importance of proper vaccine storage and handling.
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Identify vaccine-preventable diseases.
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- How to prepare for immunisation and support patients.
- Identify an appropriate anatomical site for vaccination in adults and children.
- Safely perform a vaccination following a period of supervised practice and assessment of competency.
- Identify complications associated with vaccination.
- The pathophysiology and triggers of anaphylaxis, and management.
- Identify the early signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and how to manage this emergency condition.
Upon completion delegates will receive certificate of attendance.NB: Competency must be achieved within the workplace within 6 months of attending the course.We are unable to organise any voluntary work in hospitals for you to gain further experience. You will have to arrange this yourself.