Immunisation & Vaccination 2 Days (Group Session)
Immunisation and Vaccination Workshop (Group Session)
This 2 days intensive and engaging course is in accordance with the National Minimum Standards for vaccination/immunisation training. It combines both the theory and practical aspect of the course in much detail. Day one is for the theory session. Day two is for the practical session.
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communication with patients and parents
- Medicines management – Storage and handling of vaccines
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates
- The professional and legal issues relating to vaccination programmes.
- Issues surrounding consent and restraint when vaccinating children.
- The importance of proper vaccine storage and handling.
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Identify vaccine-preventable diseases.
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- How to prepare for immunisation and support patients.
- Identify an appropriate anatomical site for vaccination in adults and children.
- Safely perform a vaccination following a period of supervised practice ( Practicals)
- Identify complications associated with vaccination.
- The pathophysiology and triggers of anaphylaxis, and management.
- Identify the early signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and how to manage this emergency condition.
- How to perform adult and / or paediatric basic life support in accordance with UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines ( Practicals)
Upon completion delegates will receive certificate of attendance.NB: Competency must be achieved within the workplace within 6 months of attending the course.We are unable to organise any voluntary work in hospitals for you to gain further experience. You will have to arrange this yourself.