Food Safety L1 (RQF)
The Level 1 Award in Food Safety in Catering is a qualification intended for learners working in the catering environment in low-risk roles but where there is an element of food handling. This could include bar workers, waiting staff, health care workers, kitchen porters and stock/store room staff. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food. The subjects covered are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to ensure good practice and the production of safe food.
Upon completion delegates will gain introductory knowledge and understanding around food safety. They will also receive certificate of completion which is valid for 3 years.
- Legislation governing Food Safety
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety in a catering environment
- Understand the importance of keeping
- Understand the importance of keeping work areas clean and hygienic in a catering environment
- Understand how to keep food safe in a catering environment