Manual Handling (Group Session)
This is a detailed classroom based training to enable delegates to gain an understanding of the process of lifting and moving inanimate loads. It will help delegates to identify risks and determine the safest method of handling without injury, in line with approved code of practice, accepted lifting methods, current regulations and understand the consequences of poor moving and handling practice.
This course is intended for those new to training manual handling, or those wishing to update their skills. The course will provide a broad and comprehensive overview of best practice in manual handling training techniques. The course is aimed at employees within an organisation who have been tasked with training other colleagues in safe manual handling principles and covers safe manual handling techniques, manual handling risk assessment and training techniques.
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge, skills, strategies and understanding around safe manual handling. Delegates will have the chance to practice how to lift loads safely in the workplace. They will also receive certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
- Legislation governing People Manual Handling
- Responsibilities of Employers and Employees in relation to People Manual Handling
- Definition Manual Handling
- Manual Handling Risk assessment
- The Principles in Risk Control in Manual Handling
- Manual Handling Do’s and Don’t
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Structure of the Spine, muscles and the disc
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Unsafe Lifting Practices
- Lifting and carrying safely
- Techniques to avoid injury and strain
- Causes of Back pain
- Lifting using a good posture
- Types of Equipment used during Manual Handling operations
- Manual Handling of inanimate objects – Good Techniques
- Practical Sessions and Assessments Manual Handling
- Knowledge and Skills Assessment