Control & Admin. of Medication L3 (Accredited Online)
This medication online course provides all the knowledge requirements for the safe control, handling and administration of medicines in social and domiciliary care environments. This course is designed for managers or senior care workers to enable them to supervise or undertake the administration of medicines in their particular care setting and in accordance with current legal requirements.
This medication online course meets the requirements for and covers in its entirety the Learning Outcomes for the “Knowledge Set for Medication” as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005: Following successful completion, individuals must be observed by a designated person to competently administer a range of medicines. We can provide registered students with a downloadable proforma for this purpose. Following successful completion of the theoretical and practical components, a manager may recognise an individual as a person designated for the administration of medicines.
- Describe the key legislation and guidance relating to the safe handling of medicines
- Identify how organisational policies and procedures ensure the safe handling of medicines
- For a range of care settings and both medical and non-medical care staff, outline the process for the prescribing, dispensing, obtaining and checking of medicines
- Outline the range of support and guidance available relating to medicines and explain the importance of confidentiality relating to disclosure about individuals medication
- Identify the types, purpose and classification of medicines commonly administered
- Explain the routes by which medicines may be administered, the related rules for administration and level of competence required
- Outline the importance of checking for, recognising and reporting effects that can occur as a result of an adverse reaction, a contraindication or an interaction between medicines
- Explain the need to gain consent and undertake risk assessment prior to the self or secondary administration of medicines
- Describe the importance of the preparation for and administration of medicines to ensure accuracy
- Identify the importance of accurate recording for the administration and refusal of medicines and administration errors
- Recognise the requirements to validate the accuracy of safe storage and recording for medicines and for their safe disposal
Once you have completed all the online learning materials for these courses, you will be required to complete an online assessment. If you fail the online knowledge test, do not worry – You are given 5 chances to revise the e-learning materials and retake the course at no extra charge. Once you pass you will be able to save and print out all your accredited certificates for these bundles.
All of our online workshops are accredited and in line with the universally accepted Continuous Professional Development standards. The CPD accreditation group require a robust process of content development, peer review and compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements. Once you have successfully completed the knowledge test, you will be sent a CPD accredited certificate via email.
About Us and Our Accredited Online Courses
Unicare Support is one of the leading providers of accredited online courses. We have over 100 accredited online courses in all fields. If you can’t find out what you are looking for just email us with your request and we will be more than happy to assist you.
The online nature of the courses means that they are reasonably priced compared to classroom learning but this doesn’t compromise on the quality and standards of our accredited courses.You have 12 months upon signing in on a course to complete it. Our accredited online courses are accessible to everyone.
We have a dedicated and experienced customer service support that is always available to provide you with support via email or telephone which you can find on our website.
Our our accredited online course has a test upon completion and is in the form of multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost if you fail for the first time or if you want to get a good score or grade at any time.
The course content can be viewed after the test and where you failed you can revise and sit for the test again. There are downloadable documentation on each course to support you through the learning process. Upon completion you can print out your own certificate if you require hard copy certificate we can send that to you at an extra cost of £5
You are able to access our accredited courses on any mobile platform such as desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone device
If you are looking for credible and accredited online courses for yourself, for your staffs or for your organisation, look no further than our online courses and we are more than happy to assist and serve you.We are the only accredited online provider that believe in freebies (i.e whenever you buy any of our accredited courses we throw in an extra free course NB: this is subject to specific courses).