COURSE DESCRIPTION (For Class of up to 12)
Unicare Medication Awareness is designed to suit a range of care settings and fully complies with the National Minimum Standards, whilst fulfilling CQC guidelines. Upon completion of the course, delegates will be up to date with current legislations whilst also holding a practical understanding of the procedures they must follow in order to ensure that medication is administered safely.
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge and will be up to date with current policies and legislations relating to medication. The certificate issued is valid for 3 years.
- Legislation / The Law and Medicines
- Classification of Medication
- Directions of Medicines
- Legal categories of Medication
- Types of Medicines
- Prescriptions / PRN
- Roles, Responsibilities & Boundaries
- Safe handling of Medication
- Safe practice in Administration of Medicines
- The Five Rights of Administration
- Self Administration
- Homely Remedies
- Topical Medicines
- Anti-coagulant therapy
- Reactions to Medicine
- Unwanted Medication
- Side Effects of Medication
- Record Keeping
- Practical Demonstrations and Assessment
No Reviews found for this course.