COURSE DESCRIPTION (Class size of 12)
This accredited qualification is ideal for those already working or preparing to work within industry wishing to become a First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982. The recommended course duration is 3 days and topics covered include: the roles and responsibilities of the First Aider; assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness, assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness, chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis. The qualification is assessed via on-going oral and/or written questioning and practical demonstration.
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge, skills, strategies and understanding of workplace first aid that would go a long way to save lives including family members or close relations. This course is accredited by the Highfield awarding Body of Compliance and the Association of First Aider and can be used as an evidence to update your CPD.
- Principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection
- Basic life support (CPR & use of an AED)
- Breathing management
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Assessing and treating wounds & bleeds
- Treating anaphylaxis
- Treating shock or sudden poisoning
- Treating burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treating common major and minor illnesses
- Managing asthma attacks and choking
- Fractures, dislocations and head injuries
- Managing epilepsy and diabetes
- Record keeping and equipment use
- Legal aspects and secondary surveys
No Reviews found for this course.