This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to take further training or to develop their knowledge and skills in this basic life support. It is recommended for first-aiders in the workplace and is also suitable for schoolchildren, as recommended by The Resuscitation Council (UK). To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake approximately 5 hours of learning, with a minimum contact time of 4 hours.
What next? The qualification is valid for a period of 3 years and, in order to re-qualify, learners must be assessed against all learning outcomes and assessment criteria within the qualification. Following the completion of this qualification, learners may wish to go on to take the following qualifications:
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge, skills, strategies and understanding on BLS and Defibrillation that would go a long way to save lives including family members or close relations. This course is accredited by the Highfield awarding Body of Compliance and the Association of First Aider and can be used as an evidence to update your CPD.
- Legislation governing Basic Life Support
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator
- Be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
No Reviews found for this course.