COURSE DESCRIPTION (For a Class Size of 12)
Immunisation and Vaccination Workshop
This course is in accordance with the National Minimum Standards (2015) for flu vaccination/immunisation training. It includes an overview of childhood and travel immunisation update.
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communication with patients and parents
- Legal aspects of vaccination
- Medicines management – Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Anaphylaxis and other adverse events
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates
Upon completion delegates will receive certificate of attendance.NB: Competency must be achieved within the workplace within 6 months of attending the course.We are unable to organise any voluntary work in hospitals for you to gain further experience. You will have to arrange this yourself.
No Reviews found for this course.