Immediate Life Support (Resus Council Accredited). This course is designed to meet the requirements of ILS courses laid down by UK Resus Council guidelines and is certified by UK Resus Council. The aim is to train healthcare personnel in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple airway management and safe defibrillation (manual and/or AED), enabling them to manage patients in cardiac arrest until arrival of a cardiac arrest team and to participate as members of that team. The course is run over one day and consists of lectures and practical sessions. All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
Upon successful completion of course learners will receive certificate of attendance from the resus council UK which is valid for 1 year.
- Understand the four main life support signs, temperature, pulse, blood pressure and respiration
- Have an understanding on interrupting vital signs in the deteriorating and trauma patients
- Understand the chain of survival
- Be safely able to use the ILS algorithm to treat a patient
- Have an understanding of Anaphylaxis
- Have an understanding of respiratory difficulties
- Have an understanding of Angina
- Have an understanding of Heart Attack
- Have an understanding of Sepsis
- Have an understanding of Epilepsy and Seizures
- Demonstrate basic life support techniques
- Demonstrate how to use an AED unit on a patient in cardiac arrest using a manikin
- Demonstrate how to correctly administer oxygen to a patient
No Reviews found for this course.