COURSE DESCRIPTION (For a Class Size of 12)
Our Palliative and End of life course is designed for people new to this field or as a refresher. This should be viewed as an overview as palliative care is a diverse topic with many factors dependent to the patients specific needs. This course allows people to discuss their own feelings/experiences of dealing with a life limiting illness.
On completion delegates will be able to confidently give a clear definition between end of life and palliative care. Understand the support and care they can provide to clients in that condition. They will also receive anaemia awareness certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- Legislation & agreed ways of working
- Communication skills
- Factors affecting end of life care
- Importance of care planning in relation to end of life
- Skin care, mouth care & the importance of nutrition
- Simple ways to help alleviate pain by correct positioning and some of the common symptoms encountered
- The basics of loss and bereavement for the families and the patient
- Organisation and support available to individuals and key people in relation to end of life
- How to address sensitive issues including spiritual issues
- What they might see in the last 48hrs of life & support individuals through the process of dying
- Managing & dealing with their own feelings/staff support
No Reviews found for this course.