Our accredited basic nursing skills training is designed to help people to get into Care Assistant/ Support worker jobs within NHS, private hospitals, Nursing homes, Care homes as well as GP surgeries. This training is recommended for people who wish to become hospitals health care assistants but have no experience or have had a long career break. This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service. There is a possibility of volunteer placement.
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge, skills, strategies and understanding on basic nursing skills. Delegates will have the chance to use and practice with the various clinical aids and models. They will also receive certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
- Day One: Understand Your Role, Your Personal Development, Duty of Care, Work in a Person Centred Way, Communication, Privacy and Dignity, Record Keeping and Documentation, Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disabilities
- Day Two: Phlebotomy/Venepuncture Workshop
- Day Three: Clinical Observation for HCA
- Day Four: PEG Feed, Catheter Care and Wound Management
- Day Five: CSTF Mandatory Training for Carers (Basic Life Support-Adult and Peadiatric , Moving & Handling, Health and Safety (COSHH, RIDDOR), Fire Safety )
- Free Accredited CSTF Online Courses for the following Modules:
- 1. Safeguarding Adult
- 2. Preventing Radicalisation
- 3. Safeguarding Children
- 4. Health and Safety
- 5. Infection & Prevention Control
- 6. Food Safety
- 7. Conflict Resolution
- 8. Complaint Handling
- 9. Equality and Diversity
- 10. Information Governance
- 11. Lone Working Practice
NB: the Cost includes course materials. There is an extra cost for DBS (if Required)
No Reviews found for this course.