Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
This accredited qualification is ideal for those already working or preparing to work within industry wishing to become a First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982. The recommended course duration is 3 days and topics covered include: the roles and responsibilities of the First Aider; assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness, assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness, chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis. The qualification is assessed via on-going oral and/or written questioning and practical demonstration.
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge, skills, strategies and understanding of workplace first aid that would go a long way to save lives including family members or close relations. This course is accredited by the Highfield awarding Body of Compliance and the Association of First Aider and can be used as an evidence to update your CPD.
- Legislation governing Basic Life Support
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness.
Need to find out more about this course?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 18 hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self