Level 2 Award in Defibrillation (AED and CPR) (QCF)
This accredited qualification provides learners with skills to further their first aid training. It is recommended for first aiders in the workplace environment who have access to a defibrillator. Those gaining this qualification will know that cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation form an essential part of the chain of survival. The recommended course duration is 1 day with a minimum of 6 contact hours. The topics covered by this qualification are regarded by Skills for Health as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation.
What next? The qualification is valid for a period of 3 years and, in order to re-qualify, learners must be assessed against all learning outcomes and assessment criteria within the qualification. Following the completion of this qualification, learners may wish to go on to take the following qualifications:
- • Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
- • Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF)
- • Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge, skills, strategies and understanding of CPR and Defibrillation that would go a long way to save lives including family members or close relations. This course is accredited by the Highfield awarding Body of Compliance and the Association of First Aider and can be used as an evidence to update your CPD.
- Legislation governing Basic Life Support
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator
- Be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator.
Need to find out more about this course?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self