IV Cannulation for Nurses
This course is designed for nurses who conduct IV cannulation or haven’t done it for a while and looking to update their skill.
The course provides the chance to practice the skill in a controlled environment. This is a hands-on training course and we encourage participation in all the practical demonstrations and activities. On successful completion students will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
Upon completion delegates will gain knowledge, skills, strategies and understanding on IV Cannulation. Delegates will have the chance to use the various clinical aids.They will also receive certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
NB: Delegates are encouraged to gain competency under clinical supervision within their own workplace.
- Temperature monitoring and observation
- NMC code of conduct
- Patient identification & consent
- Legal & professional approach
- Basic universal precautions
- The vascular system (arteries, veins & valves)
- Reasons to cannulate
- The procedure (site selection, preparation, equipment, insertion, maintenance & removal)
- Calculating drip rates
- Infection control
- Potential complications
Need to find out more about this course?
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self